someone noticed this one?

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Fri Oct 22 13:57:48 EDT 2004

On 22/10/04 5:14 pm, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> Could be because it's not really news per se.  RunRev has had a
> "Consulting & Services" page on their site as far back as I can remember.
>
> Judging from the difficulty some developers have had finding
> subcontractors (most of the Rev pros I know are booked through the end
> of the year), it doesn't seem RunRev's consulting adversely affects
> other consulting developers.  Seems there's plenty of work to go around.

Right.  There really is no cause for concern here.  We've always done
consulting, we're just making that a little more noticeable just now.  There
are several benefits for all Revolution users too:

* Some of the consulting projects we work on, as has happened in the past,
will mean that we add features to the engine or create new externals.
Normally we will license these features back and make them available.

* The more direct exposure we have with larger companies, the more we can
make sure we include product features that suit their needs, which is going
to be good for everyone.

* We can bring in more people to use Revolution than would have previously.
For example by working on a contract with someone and then selling them an
installation of Revolution licenses, we grow the community.

* There is more than enough consulting work to go around.  Ultimately all
that this will do is increase the number of people using the technology,
which will surely just mean a greater pool of potential revenue for everyone
offering that sort of service,  not just us.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools