Lindows, video, and Rev

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Wed Oct 20 17:46:16 EDT 2004

On Oct 20, 2004, at 1:53 PM, Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com wrote:

> Mark,
>
> This may be a dead product by now, but this old article speaks of
> running
> a QuickTime plugin on Linux. This is not a Linux port of QuickTime,
> but an
> emulation of the x86 plugin. Sounds cool if it actually works.
>
> http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2001/09/06/
> crossover_partone.html
>
> Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>

Roger,

This is fantastic news!  Thanks for reporting this.  I never ran into
this player during my searches.  Looks like support for version 6 and
below of QT is available.  This could be the second best thing to have
QT for Linux.  My only concern is that their is a price.  Our end users
would have to have this installed on their systems and pay the price
for Rev video features to work.

The best solution would be for Rev to support this and a free option as
well.  mplayer will play QT content for free!  Not sure how mplayer
handles streaming video though.

With xanim, we do not have most of the features of the player like the
controller, and properties like formatttedHeight and width of the
player.  Options are among us though.

--
Best regards,
Mark Talluto