Major RR Improvement tip!

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Wed Oct 20 13:15:28 EDT 2004

Type in the message box

Palette revErrorDisplay

now, the revpropertypalette will not block the reverrors display!

I remembered about this after being nagged by an error that wasn't
showing hidden behind the revpropspalette!

Rev people, is there a way to disable this blocking behavior while
still registering the errors without disabling the debug mode?

Again, the old hypercard non-intrusive thing...

I've written countless times how the
windows don't open correctly - some are palettes, some stacks, sometimes
blocking others and sometimes not obeying to the prefs. (show the
revpropspalette. In the script editor prefs, hide all but the reverror
display. Open a script editor (the palettes hide nicely), show the variable
watcher...

I got situations where the revErrordisplay
stack is gone, nothing works and no error is showing.

The poor user struct with this does what?
You can't show the reverrorDisplay from the menus, if you knew that that is
where the error block is! Debugging scripts gets even hairier sometimes...

RevErrorDisplay is not efficiently opened in RR... This is a quick fix!
And I hope it makes your debugging life easier!

Automatic plug-in?

Of course, PropsN2O is sitting at MonsieurX.com and does this naturally!
Sometimes writing your own shameless plugins beats waiting for a fix!

Xav