RTF File export

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Oct 19 06:53:23 EDT 2004

Hi François,

> Hello Klaus!
>
> Thank you but I'm sorry, I don't understand.
>
> With this code:
> --------------
>  put cheminresultat &fichieracreer into fichierexport
>
> set the fileType to "ttxtRTF " -- text file owned by SimpleText app
>
> open file fichierexport for text update
>
> write THE RTFTEXT OF FLD "POUREXPORT" of card 2 of stack"cukydata" to
> file fichierexport at "EOF"
>
>  close file fichierexport
> -----------------
>
> I have an RTF file in my finder, but when I open it, the bold and the
> font is not saved.
>
> Bouhouhou.......

Oh, please don't cry, mon ami :-(

I just did a test with:

put the rtftext of fld 1 into url("binfile:" & fichierexport)
## This way you can save some lines ;-)

Maybe this is the answer? BINFILE instead of FILE?
Think so...

And it worked here ALMOST, i could open it with TextEdit...
The styles "plain", "underline" and "bold" were preserved...

BUT:
Colors were gone...
AND ALL UMLAUTS were gone, too!
At least THIS worked in earlier versions :-(

I actually cannot remember how many of these issues (missing/wrong
Umlauts etc...
on OS X) i have bugzillad in the last 2 years...

Actually i am a bit tired of having to do this over and over...

Well, now i am crying, too :-(

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de