OS X Externals

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Mon Oct 18 19:16:06 EDT 2004

My C function for dbBLOB is giving different results for some input
values than is the Transcript function.  I am handing image data to the
function (dbBLOB(image "name")).

My C function for dbUNBLOB gives the same results as the Transcript
function; if I take the results from the C version of dbBLOB, run it
through either dbUNBLOB, and try to put that into an image, it does not
work.  If I take the results of the Transcript dbBLOB and run them
through either dbUNBLOB, then put those results into an image, it works
perfectly (but getting the dbBLOB results is very very slow).  Rev
seems to replace certain values in the binary code of the image when it
is accessed from an external, at least on my system.

Note that passing simple text strings into either function yields the
same results, it is only when I use binary data, such as an image, that
I am seeing the problem.

Are you also using OS X, or are you working on another platform?  I
wonder if it is a Mac or OS X platform-specific thing, but I haven't
been able to compile under Windows yet, so I can't confirm this.