Can't connect to MySQL server using revOpenDatabase

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Mon Oct 18 16:41:08 EDT 2004

Hershel,

I actually tried every possible combination,
but nothing works... I still get that error 61
(or 10061 on Windows)...

My problem is that I can't decide if it's a
configuration problem on my server, or a Rev
problem... Here's why : I was also trying to get
a connection to MySQL with Rev-cgi linux (on the
same server). And the right spelling (according to
Rev documentation) for a DB that is listening on
port 5432 is : localhost:5432 (instead of
www.example.com:5432). But that doesn't work
(same error).
I finally managed to get that connection to MySQL with
Rev-cgi by using : localhost (and dropping :5432).

It works, but I really don't understand why...

JB