Can't connect to MySQL server using revOpenDatabase

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Mon Oct 18 07:05:42 EDT 2004

Hi list,

Still fighting with databases connections...

I'm trying to open a connection to MySQL using
revOpenDatabase in the IDE and I get this error :

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'www.example.com:5432' (61)

ALTHOUGH IT WORKS WITH the DB Query
Builder (connection status : connected) !!!!

MySQL is configured on port 5432, which is open in
the firewall.
Here's the script I'm using :

on mouseUp
  put "root" into myUSR
  put "******" into myPWD
  revSetDatabaseDriverPath "/Macintosh HD/Desktop Folder/Revolution
2.5/components/global
environment/database_drivers/MacOSX/dbmysql/Contents/MacOS/dbmysql"
  get revOpenDatabase("MySQL","www.example.com:5432","myDB",myUSR,myPWD)

  put it
end mouseUp

In the archives, I found a msg from someone saying
that "root" isn't accepted by MySQL as user on a
distant machine, but in that case why does it work
in the DB Quary Builder ?

What am I missing or doing wrong ?

Thanks,
JB