How do you create a non-cgi, faceless, "command line" application?

Tony Paris oregon_tony at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 03:52:10 EDT 2004

I want to create a command line application that will
work on windows or a flavor of unix. The Unix box is
rack mounted so there is no terminal or GUI running on
it.

All the "faceless" stuff in the docs seems to only be
related to making a CGI, not a simple command line
program. I just want to get to a command prompt and
type "mycommand" just like you would do a "ls" or
"dir".

Is there any way to do this with runrev?

I tried doing something inside of "on startup" with a
"quit" at the end, but it still seems to flash the
window of my empty stack before the application quits.

Thanks,
Tony