connecting to mySql

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sat Oct 16 10:39:10 EDT 2004

Klaus,

sometimes ISPs allows users to use cPannel and phpMyAdmin which are two
web apps that allow you to manage your site and your mySQL instalation.
At my ISP, thru the cPannel, I have access to the access control system
of mySQL, which governs who is allowed to connect to the database, by
putting a % (wildcard that equals free for all), I allow connections
from everywhere provided that they have the correct database, login and
pass combo.

I think maybe (this is only a guess), you might be able to change your
access list by issuing the correct SQL command to mySQL (the MySQL
manual must have something on that), you could do that by placing a CGI
in your ISP then running it. Or you can just call support, this usually
works =)

Cheers
andre