connecting to mySql

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sat Oct 16 08:40:56 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

database newbie needs some help :-)

I have access to a mySQL database since a couple of days,
thanks to my ISP...

Now i want to connect to the database and only get an error:

################
An error...
Host "pDxxxxx.x-xxx.net" is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
################

Can someone help me out what might go wrong?
I used the correct address, username and password...

I know that i have to create a table fist before i can access it with
RR,
but even "CocoaMySQL" is refusing to connect, but with NO info why it
won't work...

Any hint is much appreciated!

I am using Mac OS X 10.3.5.
Do i have to change some settings in the network prefs-pane?

Thanks in advance :-)

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de