Hideous "revdberr,invalid database type" returns in standalones

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Fri Oct 15 14:18:42 EDT 2004

I believe I previously posted similar problems I am having with 2.5 and
PostgreSQL.  Under Rev 2.2.1, using revdb to access PostgreSQL from
standalones was working fine both on my X.3.5 development machine (with
Rev and PostgreSQL installed) and on any Windows machine I tried
(without Rev installed, either with or without PostgreSQL), as well as
working fine as a stack in the IDE on my X.3.5 machine.

Now with 2.5, the Windows standalones still work fine, and the stack
works fine in the IDE, but the MacOS X standalone does not work on my
development machine, where Rev is installed.

I have yet to get a standalone working with RevDB/PostgreSQL from any
of my *NIX boxes (haven't tried IRIX yet, but that machine is not
currently hooked up, so it would take more time than it is presently
worth -- maybe another time; I have tried Linux/IA32 and
Solaris/SPARC).  This is true of 2.2.1 and 2.5.

I have not tried from another OS X machine, but can likely get access
to one for testing later on.

Could these problems be related?