$HTTP_REFERER in Rev CGI globals

Terry Vogelaar tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Thu Oct 14 09:39:21 EDT 2004

Hi,

I need to make a CGI that uses a user name and password to determine
what privileges the user has. But using the browser history, another
person that uses the computer after he has closed the session, can
resume it without having to know the password.

Normally with CGI, PHP or ASP there is an elegant solution to it by
using $HTTP_REFERER to check where the user comes from. It is also very
useful to find out which search engines and link pages are actually
used. But I can't find it in the list of web server globals when using
a RunRev CGI. Can it be made available in any way? Is there an
alternative way to be sure the user isn't using the bookmarks or the
history of his browser?

Terry