Https

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 02:10:50 EDT 2004

--- David Kwinter <david at kwinter.ca> wrote:
> Does Rev support https yet? I have the ssl add-on
> and am using my hosting
> provider's certificate, but can't access anything..
> such as
>
> put URL "https://ssl7.pair.com/stocksta/test.txt"
>
> "the result"=
> error -Error with certificate at depth: 0 issuer =
> /C=ZA/ST=Western
> Cape/L=Cape Town/O=Thawte Consulting
> cc/OU=Certification Services
> Division/CN=Thawte Server
> CA/emailAddress=server-certs at thawte.com subject =
> /C=US/ST=Pennsylvania/L=Pittsburgh/O=pair Networks
> Inc./CN=ssl7.pair.com err
> 20:unable to get local issuer certificate

Hi David,

Ths issue was discussed a while back : the HTTPS
protocol is supported, but you'll need a certificate
to make it work. You might be interested in the
following post by Dave Cragg on the metacard list :
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/metacard/2004-September/007763.html>

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====