MySQL basic question

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Wed Oct 13 17:58:26 EDT 2004

I don't know much about SQL access so sorry about this basic question.

We use A1 Support Pro HelpDesk style ticket tracking system where I
work. It consists of MySQL database running on a Mac OS X computer,
PERL scripts, and Apache web server. The system works really well for
us and is very inexpensive. (It would make a great Revolution app. but
that is another story).

We have someone who is tasked to run our own queries to the data base
to generate our own reports. I'm going to suggest he use Revolution for
this but I need to know what needs to be set up on the server side for
this. I'm thinking that the reports would be run on a computer other
than the MySQL server.

What are the requirements for the MySQL server? Here is what I think I
need so far. Please let me know if this is wrong or incomplete.
	Name of data base
	Database admin login
	Database admin password
	Network port number

Do I need to set up an account for the user on the Mac OS X computer?

Thanks,
Bill Vlahos