Standalone opens stack and then quits

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Wed Oct 13 01:30:33 EDT 2004

I have a standalone which is built primarily to be the engine so it can
open a stack which can save its data. If I build a standalone with the
following in the stack script it works fine as long as the "stack.rev"
file is at the same level as the standalone:

on OpenStack
   open stack "stack.rev"
end OpenStack

However, what I want to do is have the standalone give me the ability
to select which stack(s) I want it to open. It does, in fact, open it,
but then it immediately quits taking both the standalone and the stack
down. I can't figure out why it is quitting. There is no quit stack
command and it does correctly open the stack I select.

Stack Script:
on OpenStack
   set the defaultFolder to "DataFolder" -- data folder at same level of
standalone
   put the files into field "fListFiles" -- puts a list of files in a
list field
end OpenStack

Button Script:
on mouseUp
   put the hilitedLines of fld "fListFiles" into tList -- the selected
line(s) in the field
   repeat with x = 1 to the number of items in tList
     put (line (item x of tList) of field "fListFiles") into tpath
     open stack tPath
   end repeat
end mouseUp

This is driving me crazy. It actually opens the file I want (I can see
it flash) but then quits.

Why and how do I make it stop?

Bill Vlahos