Popup Menus with Text Selection?

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Tue Oct 12 13:51:51 EDT 2004

On Oct 12, 2004, at 1:41 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I came in late on this thread:  what was the reason for turning off
> traversalOn?  Maybe there's another way to handle that which won't
> cripple your Win version if you're making one.

Leaving traversalOn on causes text in a field to be deselected when the
menu is opened.  The whole purpose of the menu is to apply
font/size/style settings to the selected text.  Since the text is
deselected, there is no longer a selection to apply a font/size/style
to by the time the user selects a font/size/style to apply.

Also, the program is a graphical report editor; if users are blind,
then they will not be able to use the program anyway.

$ ln -s /usr/share/kjvbible /usr/manual
everlasting life.
$

Signup at www.doteasy.com