Printing to multiple printers

Jesse Sng jsng at wayoflife.org
Mon Oct 11 21:34:17 EDT 2004

>In OS X the printer is chosen from the print dialog rather than from
>the Page Setup dialog. So issue your print command like this:
>
>  print this card with dialog
>
>That will allow the user to choose a printer. There is no way in
>either OS 9 or OS X to choose a printer without user intervention.

The problem with allowing the user to change it is that they are
bound to make mistakes, especially when in a hurry. This will lead to
lots of forms and paper being printed wrong and then the need to
rectify it plus reprint again, leading to further delays.

I know there is a way to do this in 4th Dimension but I'm hoping to
avoid having to do my development in 4D instead of Revolution.

Jesse