'put URL' fails if previous 'put URL' call hasn't finished

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Oct 11 16:00:31 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have been doing some tests with web connected apps in Revolution and
came across an interesting behavior with the put URL command.

It seems that if you call 'put URL' once and then issue another 'put
URL' command before  the first one finishes then the second one will
not complete but return empty immediately, allowing the second one to
finish.  I came across this in the following scenario:

1) Option menu calls handler which calls 'put URL'
2) Handler called from the option menu in turn calls another handler
that uses 'put URL' after a slight delay (using send command).
3) If the second handler hasn't finished downloading the requested data
and the user makes another selection from the option menu then the 'put
URL' handler called from the option menu will return empty immediately.

Is there any way around this (i.e. cancel previous put statement) or do
I just need to modify the interface so that this collision of put
statements never occurrs?

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore