Bit torrent for RunRev?

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sun Oct 10 13:00:28 EDT 2004

Hi Frank

I have looked into the bitTorrent documenatation at
http://wiki.theory.org/BitTorrentSpecification
and I must say that it is not very complex (compared to other
protocols). So it would be quite feasible in runrev, if there weren't
one thing: It uses SHA1 hashes, which runrev can't do natively. In
other words you need to implement that too for it to work. Im
mathematically disadvantaged, so someone else has to comment on the
simplicity of SHA1.
(see http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3174.html for the SHA1 rfc)

greetings
Bjoernke
(Who is very often in chatrev, and can be asked there about everything
he knows.)

On Oct 10 2004, at 13:40, Frank Leahy wrote:

> Has anyone looked at writing a bit torrent client in RunRev?
>
> http://bittorrent.com/

Chat with other RunRev developers:
go stack URL "http://homepage.mac.com/bvg/chatrev1.2.rev"