password problem with PostgreSQL

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Thu Oct 7 04:36:15 EDT 2004

Hi list,

I'm trying to connect to postgres via RR on an XP box.
Postgres is installed and working (I can login via phppgadmin),
and port 5432 is open on the firewall...
When I try to open the connection (with revopendatabase or the
query builder) I get the following message :
Revdb error : FATAL authentication failed for user "postgres".

I know that user & password are correct since I use them with
phppgadmin... My isp says the problem comes from my Rev
scripts...

Any idea of what I should do / modify / try / look at to solve the
problem ?

Thanks,
JB