Here comes XOS

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Wed Oct 6 17:12:10 EDT 2004

Jonathan,

I hope to have a good demo soon. I can show you some things right now and
you wont get it... Things that work are not in xos and xos is not working
per say yet. Im in the stage where you put 1+1 to make 3... So preparation
is essential and the less issues when I show it, the better right ? ;)

There's so many ways to describe this, and you can see it from a
programmer's point of view or the user's POV.

If you take the user point of view, you can assemble programs really really
fast with premade components that fit in. Together they give their features
and these can be multiplied with the adjacent components you put in the app
- these are standardized objects that xos recognizes. So the Menus and
indexes adjust automatically and there lots of automatic stuff that makes it
fun to use without having to deal with routine things.

The programmers POV is that when you update a feature, you make it available
everywhere like you would with a library or a stack in use. This is handled
implicitely and there will be a dynamic loader/unloader. Lots of things I
need to document too...

So with the RunRev IDE, you'll have another factor of 10 to gain time
programming or making apps that work right away with very little programming
if any!

It may not apply to all disciplines, granted. But it's a great model I've
come to use and reuse over and over... It was built with OOP in mind, RR or
HC as the host and I hope to make it smart to distribute server/client
across the net later...

Is this explanation better?

The documentation is the last piece Im working on though. Im waiting for
some comments on it to see if the direction is correct first.

The libraries are in total transit right now. Most run without bugs but all
the internals have to be revised and transferred from the old HC "global"
storage to something more resilient, structured, xml friendly... The
templates libraries though should be kick arse!

cheers
Xavier