RunRev to create email kiosk under MacOSX

Jim Witte jswitte at bloomington.in.us
Wed Oct 6 13:26:21 EDT 2004

Hi,

  I want to create an email kiosk application for my grandmother (yes,
one shot in a million, but it won't cost me anything other than
programming time..), using a combination of RunRev, shell scripting,
and maybe a little Cocoa to do things like disable force quit.   Is
this a good idea (to do it in RunRev), considering that this *has* to
be rock-solid (I'm planning a scheduled reboot about once every 4 days,
the rest of the time time machine just waking up and going back to
sleep), or should I just consider something like Cocoa or Applescript
Studio?

Jim Witte
jswitte at bloomington.in.us
Indiana University CS