ftp lib and setting unix permissions

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Oct 6 12:16:29 EDT 2004

Frank,

I just implemented that for FTPCommander stack. You'll have to use
plain ftp commands, the trick is, since you created the folder/file,
you probably have a variable with it's path. Do a

libURLFtpCommand("SITE CHMOD" && theNewPermission &&
theAbsoluteFilePath)

this will set the permission, the result should be like "200 ok file
permissions set"
you can check the http://www.soapdog.org/rev/FTPCommander.rev and check
the script for the "Perms" button.

Cheers
andre

On Oct 6, 2004, at 1:10 PM, Frank Leahy wrote:

> Does anyone know if there's a way to tell the ftp library to
> automatically set permissions on directories and files it creates?
> Maybe something like "set ftpLibUnixPermissions to 666"?
>
> The problem is that while you can use "put URL ftp://..." to create a
> directory or file, it appears you have to use the low level ftp
> commands to CWD to the directory and set permissions on the
> directories and files using CHMOD.  Which wouldn't be so hard, except
> it appears that the ftp lib leaves you at the ftp home directory after
> creating a directory or file, not in the directory the directory or
> file was created in.
>
> Thanks,
> -- Frank
>
> Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
> See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004
Soap Dog Studios - BRAZIL
http://studio.soapdog.org