Comparing Rev to other multimedia apps at NECC

Marty Billingsley marty at vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 5 12:17:35 EDT 2004

Hi --

A group of educators are putting together a presentation for NECC
(National Educational Computing Conference) in which we're going to
compare six multimedia authoring tools: Flash, Squeak, CREATE Together,
eZedia, Blackspace, and Runtime Revolution.

We have one presenter per app; I'm championing Rev (of course) and want to
show it off in its best light.  Each presenter will create a project that
incorporates a common set of features.  So far we have:
Add text
Draw a graphic
Add an image file
Add a movie file
Create an animation
Add an animation file
Use a logic feature
(e.g., count until a specific number is reached, then take action)
Assign actions to objects
Assign selected interactive feature to an object
(e.g., mouseover causes selected action)

What else should we add; what can I suggest that will really set Rev off
from the rest of the crowd? :-)

TIA,
  - marty

--
Marty Billingsley (marty at ucls.uchicago.edu)
The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools