Encryption and protection

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 4 14:11:38 EDT 2004

Bill Vlahos wrote:

> 3. How strong is the encryption that is built into the locking stack
> password?

It's said to be a derivative of DES.  In lay terms, an experience
crypto-hobbyist could probably crack it in a weeked, or so I'm told.

> 4. Is doing this in a stack the right approach or would it be better to
> have a binary data file like more traditional programs? If a data file
> is the right way to go, how can that be protected?

Rev 2.5 has industrial-strength encryption built-in.  I haven't used it
myself yet, but I believe there are example files in Rev Online....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation