Floating Windows

Éric Chatonet eric.chatonet at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 4 13:55:26 EDT 2004

Le 3 oct. 04, à 05:24, boeschen at pacbell.net a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Revolution (I'm using Dreamcard), though I am familiar with
> Hypercard. Here's my question:
>
> I want the ability to display multiple floating windows that are
> editable and resizable over any card in a stack . The primary use for
> the windows will be to contain text and lists. I've tried scripting
> this in Dreamcard but haven't succeeded. In Hypercard stacks I've
> scripted, I've used Rinaldi's Textoid and Listoid XCMD's to create
> these floating windows. Is there anything similar for Revolution?
>
> Thanks,
> John

I just read your question and saw pertinent answers you had from others.
But it seems you want a resizable palette.
Rev does not allow this: you have to script your window to resize it.
Fortunatly, you will find "Mac Style Resizer" and "Win Style Resizer"
scripted buttons in Object Library (Development/Object Library menu
item)
...If available in DreamCard :-)

Amicalement,

Éric Chatonet