Problems again

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Oct 4 09:08:32 EDT 2004

1. The mouseEnter message is sent only when the Browse tool is being
used.

2. If two controls overlap, a mouseEnter message is sent whenever the
mouse pointer crosses into a visible portion of a control. The control
on the bottom receives a mouseEnter message only when the mouse pointer
enters part of the control that can be seen. A control that is
completely hidden by another control on top of it will never receive a
mouseEnter message.

3. If the mouse button is down when the mouse pointer enters the
control, no mouseEnter message is sent unless the mouse button is
released while the pointer is still in the control.

4. If a control is shown (by changing its visible property to true or
using the show command), and the mouse pointer is over the control when
it is shown, Revolution sends a mouseEnter message to the control.

I would suspect number 3 above as a start.

On Oct 4, 2004, at 3:09 AM, MisterX wrote:

> I have a script in a menu. There is a mouseenter message which just
> wont
> trigger. If I switch it for a mousedown, it works. Debug doesn't
> trigger
> either. There is no script error, there is no error dialog bug
> running, no
> session log errors - NO REASON IT SHOULDN'T WORK.

Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath at adelphia.net

412-831-3094
220 Drake Road