position fr a click in an editable field

thierry douez at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 1 07:16:43 EDT 2004

Hi,

thanks a lot,

the story is that i didn't catch these properties in the
documentation :-)

Anyway you saved my revolution's life, once again :-) even
if i've not finish putting all this together to work...

Does anyone tried out to have a popup menu inside
an editable field just with the mousedown event which
select the word clicked on and show up a popup where
we choose an item and then leave the popup with the
mouseup. i'm too much challenged on this one :-(
( windows environment )

Thanks to all

MB> Field script:
MB> on selectionChanged
MB>   put word 1 to 2 of the selectedChunk of me
MB> end selectionChanged
MB> Best, Malte

JAN> Perhaps you can do something with the 'selectedChunk'?
JAN> If no text is selected, and the cursor is between
JAN> chars 6 and 7, then the selectedChunk will be "char 7
JAN> to 6 of field x"
JAN> Jan Schenkel.

Best regards,thierry