bug with autorun on Windows?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 05:49:30 EDT 2004

--- "Frank D. Engel, Jr." <fde101 at fjrhome.net> wrote:
> Can you autoplay a batch file?  For some reason, I
> thought that only
> works in some versions of Windows, and not others?

Hmm, I have no idea actually ; at our company, we
prefer the drag-and-drop installation method ; which
some of our Wintel users find quite disconcerting at
first, as they expect smoke and mirrors and registry
entries, etc.
But I made a quick trip to google, and saw the batch
file method suggested in articles as recent as July of
this year, so I guess it should be kind of safe ?
<http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6270_11-5268081-1-1.html>
The following link also has a section at the bottom on
how to change your drive settings so you can autorun
zip disks and test that way before writing a CD.
<http://www.trah.co.uk/starterfile/>

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====