set MenuHistory without the menuPick call?

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Tue Nov 30 16:36:55 EST 2004

On Nov 30, 2004, at 9:21 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> rom: FlexibleLearning at aol.com
> Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:12:24 EST
> Subject: Re: set MenuHistory without the menuPick call?
>>
>> Is there any way to call menuHistory without it  calling menuPick?  Or
>> do I have to set a flag so that my menuPick  routines ignore calls
>> made
>> via menuHistory?
>

> set the  menuHistory of btn MyBtn to n

Unfortunately that makes a call to menuPick.

I've solved the problem by writing a wrapper routine

on MyMenuHistory buttonName, itemNumber
   put true into gMenuHistoryBeingCalled
   set the menuHistory of button buttonName to itemNumber
   put false into gMenuHistoryBeingCalled
end MyMenuHistory

and then in each of my menuPick routines I test to see if
gMenuHistoryBeingCalled is set to true (exiting if it is).

Thanks for the help,
-- Frank

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/