Invisible clone?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Nov 30 12:47:31 EST 2004

Hi Richard.

>try as I might I keep getting the clone visible as soon as it's created.

This works for me (from SDBCompressFolder handler in Serendipity
Library--sdbArchive Template is a substack of
Serendipity_Library.rev):

on SDBCompressFolder
[snip]
   set the visible of stack "sdbArchive Template" to false
   clone stack "sdbArchive Template"
   if the result is not empty then return
true&return&sdbMessage(sdbDBCloneError)
   set the name of stack it to sdbStackName
   set the fileName of stack sdbStackName to sdbFileName
   put sourceFolder&"/" into field "Source" of stack sdbStackName
   put sdbStackName into field "Destination" of stack sdbStackName
[snip]
   put archiveList into field "File List" of stack sdbStackName
   put the number of lines of archiveList into field "File Count" of
stack sdbStackName
   put scaleSize(originalFileSize) into field "Source Size" of stack
sdbStackName
   set the fileSizeList of field "File List" of stack sdbStackName to sizeList
   set the sizeInBytes of field "Source Size" of stack sdbStackName to
originalFileSize
   set the sizeInBytes of field "Destination Size" of stack sdbStackName to 0
   set the fileSizeList of field "File List" of stack sdbStackName to sizeList
   set the enabled of button "Thumbs Up" of stack sdbStackName to
(field "File Count" of stack sdbStackName > 0)
   show stack sdbStackName
end SDBCompressFolder

Could anything in the substack's preOpenStack or openStack handlers
come into play?
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company