Encrypt Password - Decrypt same

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 16:31:59 EST 2004

--- Steve Bonham <sbonham at georgiasouthern.edu> wrote:
> I'm using DreamCard 2.5.
>
> Steve

On the runrev.com website you cn find the differences
between Dreamcard and the other Revolution editions :
<http://www.runrev.com/section/platform.php>

When I opened the documentation to find more
information for the 'encrypt' command, I noticed at
the bottom of the text that it "is part of the SSL &
Encryption library"

So it could be that 'encrypt' doesn't work inside
Dreamcard -- however, you can sue a simple 'compress'
/ 'decompress' pair as a subsitute codec :
--
put compress(field "password") into \
    URL "binfile:password.bin"

It's always a good idea to include an md5digest in
your  file to make sure nobody has tinkered it.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====