Most Efficient Timer?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Nov 29 14:56:02 EST 2004

Recently, Scott Rossi wrote:

> I don't quite follow what you're asking here (like Dave, my brain is
> starting to ache), but it prompted me to try something else:
>
> on runTimer
> if not the uAllowTimer of me then exit runTimer
> send "runTimer" to me in 100 millisecs
> put the long time into fld 1
> end runTimer

Sorry my mistake.  This should have been:

on runTimer
 if not the uAllowTimer of me then exit runTimer
 send "runTimer" to me in 1000 millisecs # <--- 1 second
 put the long time into fld 1
end runTimer

...which runs lower in terms of processor use.  This is definitely a lot
less than sending 10 times a second, but the for me, the question remains:
is "send in" better to use than "wait x with messages"?

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Development & Design