Encrypt Password - Decrypt same

Steve Bonham sbonham at georgiasouthern.edu
Mon Nov 29 13:57:09 EST 2004

Hi Revolutionaries,

I'm lost regarding the encrypt and decrypt commands.

I've created a Jeopardy-like game and saved it as a stand-alone application.

When the user closes the stack their preferences (number of daily
doubles, row values, default game file, user password, etc) are
written to an external text file.

When the user opens the stack the last used preferences are read and
loaded into flds or variables to re-configure the game as it was last
used.

AhHa! You see the problem already... Anyone can open the settings.txt
file and see the password!

I'd like to encrypt the password on closestack and write that to the
file. Then import and decrypt the password. But I don't understand
the Rev documentation for encrypt & decrypt. The following makes NO
sense to me at all...

encrypt source using cipher with [password|key] passorkey[and salt
saltvalue] [and IV IVvalue] [at bit ]

Can someone provide some sample Transcript that will enlighten me?

Thx,
Steve