changing defaultStack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 29 11:01:29 EST 2004

Troy Rollins wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2004, at 2:53 AM, Paul Kocsis wrote:
>
>> By that do you mean that you set the defaultStack at the top of every
>> handler?  Were you having the problem of referring to an object like:
>>
>> field AA   instead of...
>>
>> field AA of stack XX
>>
>> where the former would at times error out with "Object: No such object"??
>

> Like Richard, I've never actually seen this behave like a "bug"... more
> like a very slippery reference which can change "behind your back."

Here's a Transcript riddle:  I know of one circumstance in which "the
defaultStack" will return empty -- what is it?

Though it sounds like a koan there's a real answer, and the logic makes
a certain sense even if it seems initially counter-intuitive that
defaultStack should ever be empty....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation