changing defaultStack

Paul Kocsis pkocsis at cox.net
Sun Nov 28 20:12:35 EST 2004

Under what circumstances does the defaultStack (and thus, a reference to
"this stack") change?

I assume it's:

A. if the "defaultStack" is specifically set
B. when a stack is opened

...with that in mind...I have a script for field X in stack A (stack A is a
palette and a substack of another mainstack).

A handler in field X gets triggered from another stack, namely stack B (the
openCard handler of stack B sends a message to field X of stack A...in 1
tick...)

The script in field A has a repeat loop...in the first iteration of the
loop, "this stack" returns the name for stack A....on the second loop, "this
stack" returns stack B!!!  ...not only that, but a reference to "field A"
(the script refers to itself using "field A" vs. "me") in field A's script
abends with an "Object: no such object"....since on that 2nd loop, RR is NOW
looking for field A in stack B!!

...does this sound like a bug?  ...it's difficult to reproduce outside of my
large app....anyone else ever run into this kind of madness??