"Replace" unformats text

Terry Vogelaar (de Mare) tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Sun Nov 28 00:19:07 EST 2004

I'm doubting whether this belongs on the improve list or the use list.
But since I just need a workaround for now, I decided to choose the Use
list.

I tried to set the htmltext of a field to some html file. That worked
OK; the text appeared formatted. But then I used "replace return &
return & return with return & return" in that field, and all the
formatting was gone.

Is there a way to maintain the text formatting, while replacing those
ugly double white lines by single white lines? Or is GREPing through
the HTML code the only way?

Terry