drag and drop problem...

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Sat Nov 27 11:53:26 EST 2004

Hi all,

I have a list field containing album titles, which the user can reorder
using drag and drop -- click on a title and a field appears (on top of
the list field) that follows the cursor.  When you release the mouse
the field disappears and I then reorder the albums. All of that works
great. (Note, I don't use the drag and drop manager, I simply set the
tracking field visible, move it around under the cursor, and then set
it invisible again after the mouse is up).

What DOESN'T work is the next mouse click.  After doing the
set-visible/drag/set-invisible sequence, the next time you click
anywhere in the window, the mouse click goes to the card, not to the
item under the mouse click, regardless whether the item is a button or
a field.  I've also noticed that when moving the cursor over an
editable text field the cursor doesn't switch to an i-beam until after
the next mouse click.

Something's setting the target to the card and I can't figure out what
it is.  Any suggestions on what may be going on?

Thanks in advance,
-- Frank Leahy

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/