audio input level

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Sat Nov 27 11:46:08 EST 2004

Hmm..

According to the Standard Additions dictionary (10.3.6), there is an
immediate parameter from 0 to 7 (being discussed here), marked as
"deprecated", which if given, will cause all of the other options to be
ignored.  It would seem that with either OS X 10.3.5 or 10.3.6, these
options were added to the Standard Additions dictionary, and the older,
single-argument format was deprecated.  In order to use this method
then, one would need to upgrade to at least that version of OS X where
the option was added.

Not sure what to suggest if someone is using an older version of OS X
(10.2), other than to upgrade.  There may be another way to do this
(such as scripting the System Preferences application, or perhaps via
the shell function and a command line tool), and I'm sure you could do
it by writing an external for it...