Limitation on Windows Standalone and not with MacOSX with R. Studio??

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 12:37:17 EST 2004

--- François Cuneo <francois.cuneo at cuk.ch> wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I'm working on OSX, and now, I'm trying to use one
> of mys Stacks on
> Windows.
> It seems to be something really strong:
>
> If a Stack's script or the Card' script is a little
> bit long, all the
> script is COMPLETELY not treated by Revolution in
> Windows Standalone.
> All the handlers are passed without action.
>

> In  OSX, no problem.
>
> Has somebody an idea? I'm to dummy?
>
> Ok, yes I'm..
>
> Thank you.
> François

Hi François,

Is it possible you're using Mac-specific characters in
your scripts ? The inequality operator is a good
example of this : on Mac you have a special character
that is an equal sign with a slash through it, which
doesn't exist on Windows, and you need to use "<>".
There are a few more of these chars, and you can get a
list in the docs under the topic "Why does a handler
stop working when moved to another platform?"

Other than that, all I can think of is going into the
script, and forcing it to recompile so you can spot
the error -- and if that doesn't turn up anything,
start putting in breakpoints...

Jan Schenkel.

=====