Aborting a script

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Nov 25 11:56:49 EST 2004

Kaveh Bazargan wrote:
> At 10:09 am -0600 25/11/04, Ken Ray wrote:
>
>>However if you have something like this:
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>   repeat
>>     answer "Hey there!"
>>   end repeat
>> end mouseUp
>>
>>you might as well force-quit. ;-)
>
> I think what I have is closer to this, and force quit is the only option.
> But you know, in HyperCard I think that command-. stopped the program, even
> if a dialog box was showing. There should be a way out, other than force
> quit.

Same with SC.  While it may not be desirable to have that behavior for
all apps you build with Rev (can you imagine a user shutting down
program execution by just typing Cmd-. in any other app?  Ewwww), it
might be nice to have a global propery which governs this, perhaps one
which is set to true in development mode by default false by default at
runtime.

If you post it to Bugzilla I'd vote for it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation