Standalone built sucessfully but uncomplete: known 2.5

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Wed Nov 24 13:01:15 EST 2004

On Nov 24, 2004, at 12:46 PM, Joël Guillod wrote:

> Rob Cozens <rcozens at pon.net> wrote:
>
> >All your libraries are there...it's just that your standalone doesn't
> >know how to find them in the components of a Mac OS application
> >bundle.
> >
> >Control-click on the standalone icon, and select "Show Package
> Contents"
>
> Sorry Rob, when I did already check that the libraries are not in the
> "Package Contents"...

Working for me.  I did have some trouble with the XML external not
being copied at one point, but it mysteriously started working...

> To help in this possible blocking bug, please those under MacOSX, tell
> me:
>
> 1.- Did you install Revolution 2.5 from the trial downloaded package?
> If not what is the correct URL?

I don't think so, but there is a link from one of the pages to the
effect of "if you already have a license and need to download again..."
  -- I got that one.  It is likely the same download as the trial
version, though...

> 2.- After installation has been completed and you have entered your
> serial key, what is going on with the "Check for Updates..."? Did you
> also get the following error: "There was an error executing a script
> in stack Revolution
> Version Checker. No more information is available because the stack is
> password protected.".

Nope, haven't seen this one.  Mine tells me I have the lastest version
with all the updates.  Cool.

Did you modify the filesystem security in any way after installing Rev,
or was it installed by a user other than you?  Have you tried running
"Repair Disk Permissions" from Disk Utility?

Just a thought.

> Thanks for kind help...

No prob.