Network Byte Order and Sockets

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Nov 23 19:14:00 EST 2004

On Nov 23, 2004, at 4:56 PM, Derek Bump wrote:

> Anyone know how to encode data into the "Network Byte Order"?

Look at binaryEncode and binaryDecode.

> I am trying to use sockets within Revolution 2.5 to connect to my
> Hotline Server using the Hotline Protocol.  The Hotline Protocol
> documentation states that the following needs to be sent to the
> Hotline Server...
>
> Description       Size   Data   Note
> Protocol ID       4      TRTP   0x54525450

You might try PTRT and see what error you get.

> Sub-protocol ID   4             User defined
> Version           2      1      Currently 1

Perhaps this is supposed to be binary.

So depending on ASCII vs binary and various byte orders it might be one
of these:

   "01"
   "10"
   numToChar(0) & numToChar(1)  -- or binaryEncode equivalent
   numToChar(1) & numToChar(0)

> Sub-version       2             User defined

Dar