Speeding up RevGoURL

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Mon Nov 22 10:10:54 EST 2004

>Message: 4
>Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:42:04 +0100
>From: "aurelien at jetrealisations.fr"	<aurelien at jetrealisations.fr>
>Subject: Speeding up RevGoURL
>To: "use-revolution" <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>Hello everybody,
>
>I'm curently testing RevGoURL in order to... launch an URL in the default
>browser. But it's realy very very slow to launch it. It can take about 3
>minutes on Windows, and a little bit less on Mac.
>Is there any way to speed up that process ( no one will wait for that time
>after a clik) ? Or maybe do you know another way wich would be more
>appropriated ?
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Cordialy

I have encountered a related problem with "Go stack url....."

I have a stack on my RR web site which can be downloaded and run
successfully by control/clicking on the link.

But if I try using the following in the message box:

        go stack url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/ControlTurtles.rev"

there is a long delay and finally the message:

       stack is corrupted, check for ~ backup file

This is the only stack on this site which has this problem. Puzzling.

Jim