[ANN] Serendipity Library Now Includes Folder Archiver

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Nov 21 12:57:12 EST 2004

Hi All,

The latest update of Serendipity Library is available for download at
<http://wecode.org/serendipity/>.  The major change in this update is
the addition of support for compressing & decompressing folder
contents by SDB_Tools & SDB_Utilities.  This is the first update to
be delivered in SDB folder archive (.sga) format--no more need to
maintain different download bundles for different platforms (yea!).

The known bug still remains:  A decompressed Mac OSX application
bundle will not run when double-clicked.  I have checked the contents
& permissions on all components of the application bundle to no
avail.  If someone determines the cause of this bug, I will fix it;
but I'm not spending more time to investigate what's happening.

The maximum extent of my testing was to archive my Rev Build folder:
34 files in 19 folders nested up to six folders deep.  Everything
seems to decompress correctly, but OS X app bundles won't run.

I have completed the design for a drag & drop archiver/expander;
however despite Sarah's help, Jan's suggestions, and visits to
Stuffit Expander & DropStuff with ResEdit I cannot get d&d on an app
icon to work as I need it to:

	* The standalone only responds to Rev stacks
	* The standalone opens the dropped stack whether I want it to or not
	* $1 is always empty
	* My trap for Apple Events yields nothing until I quit the standalone

If someone can show me a stack template for a standalone that will
respond to the drop of any file or folder on its icon by starting
_and_ passing the name of the dropped file/folder to the standalone
_without_ opening it, I can easily create a d&d standalone to
compress files to .sgz archives and folders to .sga archives, and to
decompress the two archive file types.

As usual, I would like to express my thanks to, & confess my
dependence upon, my translators, Jose L. Rodriguez Illera, Terry
Vogelaar, Yves Coppé, & Klaus Major, and to Andre Garzia, whose
website is currently hosting Serendipity Library.

Enjoy!
--
Rob Cozens

"I must be the change I want to see in the world."

  -- Gandhi