Standard Images

James Spencer jspencer78 at mac.com
Sun Nov 21 12:34:48 EST 2004

On Nov 20, 2004, at 11:15 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 11/20/04 3:12 PM, James Spencer wrote:
>
>> OK, one last stupid question and I'll have this thing beat.  My
>> button icons are all working fine but what aren't are icons for the
>> answer dialogs: generally I've called for "answer question "My
>> prompt?" with "Yes" or "No" but it doesn't matter if the iconType
>> parameter passed to answer is question, information, or nothing.  I
>> get a good icon when I run the app in the RR environment but nothing
>> as a standalone.  Any guesses?
>
> Sounds like the images aren't getting copied over to the standalone;
> what happens if you specifically set the gRevAppIcon to an existing
> image in the stack (just for testing)?

Actually, if I had bothered to read the documentation (although I will
take the opportunity to once again whine about the crappy nature of the
documentation; you have to be an absolute mind reader to find things),
with reference to gRevAppIcon and gRevSmallAppIcon, it really answers
my question.  As you guessed, it appears that the standard RR icons are
not copied over.  Interestingly, I haven't been able to get them to
copy over even if I make a button that uses one of them as the icon (I
was going to just use standard RR icons for this quick and dirty app
but it appears that is not easily possible).  But I can set these
globals to any other images in my open stacks and then things work
fine.

Thank you again for the help.

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

jspencer78 at charter.net

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"