RegEx Help--Across Lines

thierry douez at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 21 11:53:59 EST 2004

Hi,

TR> On Nov 21, 2004, at 6:07 AM, thierry wrote:

>> Where is all the information we need to use fully RegExp in Rev ?

TR> All the information? All over the place. But Ken sited a great resource
TR> - <http://www.prce.org/man.txt>

See Klaus answer :-)
ps: looking , at the picture from you in Malta...
you obviously do not look like being pregnant ...

TR> RegEx is implemented in many languages, and most of them don't try to
TR> reinvent the documentation for it - only how their own implementation
TR> differs from the norm. Now that... I'm not sure exists in one place,
TR> either.

Well, so Revlution RegEx works accordingly to the RegEx reference ?
is this the answer ? i'm quite surprised.

>> any tutorial, any Faq ?

TR> It is a pretty huge topic. Look at matchText in the Rev docs, and check
TR> out the link above... combine the two mentally, and you pretty much
TR> have it, I guess. Just seems to be how documenting RegEx goes...

    Ok, i have missed the Tip at the end of the matchText doc;
    i just check the Regular expression in the Doc which is very poor...
    that's why the trouble :-(

    Here is the Tip for everyone :

  Tip:  Revolution implements regular expressions
  compatible with the PCRE library.
  For detailed information about regular expression
  elements you can use with this function,
  see the PCRE manual at <http://www.pcre.org/man.txt>.

  i will try this.... just now !

Best regards,
thierry