Revolution Comment

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Sun Nov 21 08:02:39 EST 2004

Re Ken Ray's remark about a "WRAPPER" for RR:

This is the whole thrust of my MSc thesis - unfortunately
the prototype 'Wrapper' I have written presently weighs in
at a hefty 25 MB.

While the theoretical background is all there in the thesis
the best solution would be to let any RR-ers who are
interested to have a copy of my prototype to pull apart,
play with, and criticise. There are some problems that
stand in the way of this:

1.  I requested help from RR with this development and
(after about 6 weeks) recieved some very vague promises
that have never materialised.

2.  RR do very nicely thank you by appropriating people's
idea that are offered FREE on thi list and elsewhere and
then charging us all for them - this doesn't seem entirely
fair.

3.  I would be more than happy to release my prototype
under some type of open source agreement - but how I make
sure RR don't get their rapacious commercial paws on it I
just don't know!!!

4.  My website can only hold 3 MB of stuff so I would need
someone to offer me space to upload the prototype to.

The prototype has largely been designed using RR 2.0.1
(last 'FREE' version) but has now (last week) been
hived-off so it can function both with RR and MC.

The prototype abandons the WIMP-GUI (!!!) and uses a
decision-tree structure to guide end-users through an
Object-Point/Click GUI - it hides the standard
MAC/WIN/LINUX desktop and menu structure; blocks access to
directories and so forth - my focus group consists of
primary teachers who can, just about, type a letter in MS
office and nothing else - with the wrapper they can
negotiate with the virtual personality to build a software
item for content delivery and reinforcement merely by
clicking on decision buttons and typing the odd word here
and there......

Sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html    and