Irregular shaped buttons redux

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Nov 19 15:09:41 EST 2004

Recently, Judy Perry wrote:

> Sorry to be so dense here, but I'm not seeing how to use the within()
> function.
>
> I suppose I could set *either* image as the object, but the loc of both
> are constantly changing, and how do I check for within() four sets of
> points?

Without knowing what you're doing, this might work:

 # CHECK FOR COLLISION BETWEEN BOX1 AND BOX2
 function collisionCheck obj1,obj2
    set itemDel to "|"
    put "0|0|0|0" into tPointSet
    put the topLeft of img obj1 into item 1 of tPointSet
    put the topRight of img obj1 into item 2 of tPointSet
    put the bottomLeft of img obj1 into item 3 of tPointSet
    put the bottomRight of img obj1 into item 4 of tPointSet
    repeat with N = 1 to 4
        if within(img obj2,item N of tSet) then return true
    end repeat
    return false
 end collisionCheck

Regards,