Technical strike & bug 2341

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Thu Nov 18 16:25:08 EST 2004

On 18/11/04 8:59 pm, "MisterX" <b.xavier at internet.lu> wrote:

> It's good to know that the GM is supported. That appeases my fears of a cop
> out or worse non-support.
>
> Yes, there's lots of weird scripts in my stacks and that's because I try to
> do a a complete job of supporting all my features in full. Some haven't been
> completely verified due to previously mentioned diversions.

I think there are some serious design issues with some of those scripts,
they seem to interact poorly here.  I would be inclined to design a project
like this before starting, rather than growing it organically and adding one
patch to complex code after another.

> After writing a bugzilla and to you directly, I would expect that support is
> aware of the problem. Nonetheless, thanks for aknowledging the fact that you
> are looking into it.
>
> I must say that Kevin did try to tell me how to insure proper working of the
> geometry commands. I wrote to him same day that it wasn't working and that's
> the last I heard about this.

Indeed, I'm happy to acknowledge that we are working on this problem.
According to my email records I've recently sent you 6 emails, so you
already knew we were looking into it.  Furthermore, while I do my utmost to
reply to all the emails that are sent to me by any of our customers, I am
the CEO, not technical support, and its very difficult to keep up with the
multiple page emails you send me every other day.  As you you know, support
has a much faster turn around time and can spend more time looking at an
issue.  I have also asked you to file in Bugzilla and personally noted to
the development team to take a look at the issue there.  None of this did I
have to do - I could have sent you a single email asking you to use
Bugzilla, or requested that you purchase a support incident to track down a
problem that is quite possibly to be found in your scripts.  It seems that
in going to Malta for a few days to the Rev Conference, where I wasn't able
to reply to your latest emails on this subject - you decided to post a very
long rant to our user community.  Was this because of a lack of attention
for a few days?  Xavier, I have done nothing but attempt to help each time
you have got in touch.  Your method of solving this problem is now causing
us some frustration.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools